9 Top Backend Frameworks for Web App Development in 2022
There are hundreds of programming languages, frameworks, and subsequent applications covering nearly every aspect of various web technologies such as PHP, HTML, XML, AJAX, ASP.NET, Servlets, and JSP. Implementing various concepts of each web technology helps you to master the entire spectrum of Web Technologies.
If you do not have any idea about what — if’s and how — about’s of a framework, go with the one with a comprehensive and flexible environment that enables the quick building of high functionality applications and focuses on medium to large-scale web projects.
Programming trends in 2022, consistently follow — Cloud, Container, Programming, Database, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, DevOps, Software Architecture, Software Development, Web, App, Batch, Streaming, Low Code, No Code, API
Most Popular Backend Frameworks
The programming languages that serve a purpose, that are popular, their ability to serve at the client-side and at server-side, and some remarkable features like being lightweight, dynamic typing, Interpreted, Object-oriented programming support, Client-side validation, and Huge Community support.
- Built-in features for DOM access and hoop
- Offers middleware modules with HTTP request logger, error handling, security headers, POST data function
- It is open-source
- It strongly handles I/O notifications and requests from application users.
C# is the primary programming language for the .Net framework. C# is a multi-purpose, multi-paradigm programming language, static typing, and lexically scoped, imperative, declarative, generic, functional, object-oriented, component-oriented programming disciplines. C# is extensively used with the .Net framework, MS SQL database, and Visual Studio Development Environment. It has a rich set of libraries to help the inefficient development process.
- Modern programming language
- Object-oriented to structure your code using objects, classes, functions, and relationships.
- Component oriented
- Structured programming language
- Scalable and Updateable
- Fast speed
- Rich Library
- Faster compilation,
- Scalable & updatable
- Component-oriented & structured language
- Cross-platform to operate across Windows and macOS.
- It is interoperable with older legacy software and is useful for organizations that are not updated and use old programming frameworks.
- Removes all the garbage from the program to facilitate quick compiling and running of the program.
Golang is an alternative to Flutter and Kotlin, backed by Google. It focuses on simplicity, efficiency, and reliability. It is a statically typed, compiled programming language. It is similar to C, but with memory safety, garbage collection, structural typing, and CSP style concurrency. Go is short for Golang, and it enables developers to create scalable, and secure web applications efficiently. It offers multithreading, garbage collection, learnability, readability, package management, a powerful standard library, concurrency support, high-performance and quick compilation.
PERL is a backend plus frontend framework. It follows a stricter separation of the business logic, URL, request routing and output. Perl has several frameworks and toolkits that are created to aid in making web development easier. These are Catalyst, Dancer, and Mojolicious. Perl can be used with ReactJS, as a web frontend, and along with Java applications. PERL can also be used with CakePHP, or Core PHP for convention-over-configuration patterns and also speeds up the development.
- Perl operates with distinct platforms — Mac, Windows, UNIX
- It is open-source and contains free libraries.
- PERL can be embedded in C++, and C applications.
- Perl backs external libraries of C and C++ through SWIG and XS.
- It is a perfect web framework for text processing
- It maintains POSIX — compliant systems and processes socket calls with other advanced features
Ruby on Rails
Laravel is a server-side PHP programming language to build full-stack apps. It is a modular packaging system with dependency management. It comes with a complete authentication system, object-relational mapping, eloquent ORM, command-line interface (CLI), automated testing, portable — virtual development environment. Organizations like Razorpay, Kmong, 9GAG, Pfizer, BBC, Ratio, About you, TourRadar use Laravel web development.
Django is one of the best Python-based web frameworks, works as a free solution and helps build database-driven complex websites. It is best for enterprise-level interactive applications. All components in this framework work together and hence do not require any third-party plugins. Best Django Apps include Spotify, DropBox, and Washington Post. This framework can be used in XML, JSON, and HTML formats. Organizations like Spotify, Instagram, Mozilla, National Geographic, Pinterest, Bitbucket are using it in their interfaces.
- It is scalable due to caching and reusability features.
- It saves us from many security problems like SQL injections, CSRF attacks, XSS
- Developers can utilize packages — it saves time
- It runs anywhere and supports reactive and asynchronous programming
Flask is a micro-framework written in Python. There is no form validation, database abstraction layer, pre-existing library. It has extensive support for extensions capable of inserting features into web applications. It is used by organizations like LinkedIn, Netflix, CRED, trivago, Lyft, Reddit, Lyft, Airbnb, Mozilla, Uber, MIT.
Let’s peek into some more (Illustrative)
Selection of the best backend technology for your project depends upon different parameters such as budget, expertise, the complexity of the project, dealing with a database, level of expertise, transparency of accessing code, level of support, etc. PHP7, PERL, SQL have always been the basic building blocks of backend development. Backend developers cover all languages (discussed above) and test them by writing files, and sample projects with database connection, extracting information from the database and displaying the same with HTML tables, HTML forms, PHP database connection scripts etc. There are always data types, operators, conditionals, and loops, along with pattern matching, regular expressions, server-side programming, debugging options, and deployment techniques. Schedule a call with us to discuss your project requirements!
Originally published at https://www.konstantinfo.com on March 24, 2022.